Friday, September 28, 2012

Our Transient Weeks

Oh by golly, it's been a while since I've written.  Yes, yes...that is a gateway sentence to an explination, so if you don't care about my excuses, please skip down a paragraph :)  Kyndall was super sick nearly 3 weeks ago, and stayed home the first three days of the week.  Our closing date was moved UP a week [yes, up], from September 28th to September 21st.  We not only moved, but TRADED houses, which turned out to be quite an undertaking. We finished that up Monday, and Monday evening Kyndall's fever shot up.  She was sick Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so of course Kamryn was sick Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

We all have months like the K. Richey bunch had this September, 2012.  I am not at all complaining about a single aspect of the last month, only explaining why I have not written, or posted from shoots much in the last three weeks.

[my bad...you should have skipped to the third paragraph...now fourth ;)]

The move we completed over the weekend is only a temporary move.  Anyone who knows us well, would surely quip, "Haven't all your moves been temporary?"  To many people, yes, but this move is temporary even to us!  About 8 weeks in this house, then our home will be finished.  Kyle has stated he plans to live out the rest of his days in this house....heh, ok :P  Don't get me wrong.  I do plan to live in this house for an unforeseen amount of years--not just months.  It is going to be just right for us.

I just...I just like love change.  I need a certain degree of perceived wiggle room in our future plans.

With this being the temporary home it is, we have vowed to only unpack necessities.  I am loving this vow.  It's like we turned into these efficient minimalists, who can easily locate items, quickly tidy up, and have enough storage space.  It's like I'm organized.  At least, I think this is how organized feels.  My creativity greatly inhibits organization skills :(

Even though I am no organizing pro, we have always had things a certain way.  Not perfect, but nice.  This includes having a bed frame on our bed from the time we were married.  Unfortunately, the bedrooms in this house are a little small, and our ginormous bed frame refused to fit.  Anywhere.  So, the boxes and mattress are on the floor... surrounded by boxes of clothes. Today, I was quickly throwing on something a bit more presentable than Kyle's giant T-shirt and yoga pants for our date night.  The window was half open, blinds angled up rather than straight, bed sloppy, and clothes hanging here and there on box lids, so I stepped onto the mattress for a better view.

Something about that moment grabbed me.  I felt like we were living in some tiny apartment somewhere in Europe.  Goofy, I know, but the scene around me was so....so bad, haha.  Despite it's disheveled appearance, I fell in love with it for this short season in our life.  It's a break in consistency  a pause in our routine, and a vacation from stressing about every little thing being presentable.  The entire focus of this little rent house is our family, and the step we are in the process of taking; moving into a permanent house.  [I am so bringing that focus to the new house] I felt happier and freer soaking all these realizations in than any other time I remember.  Ever.

If anyone...If the Lord Himself told me in 2006 where our lives would be in 2012, I would have snarled in His face.  Kyle teaching?  He barely likes to talk!  Two--TWO children?  Photography?  Annnnd MARMADUKE?  Ohhhh, the ignorance of a 21 year old bride.  Ohhh, the places God took us to beat out our stupid.

And there I was, mindlessly swaying on a mattress in the floor, gazing out a rented window, thanking God for his wisdom, guidance and provision.  Kyle found his passion in teaching, I found  a creative outlet in photography, we were given the two most precious gifts of all time, and we found our home waiting for us in Marmaduke.  I'm sure I'll tell all about our moves, and dumb decisions, and God decisions, and things you don't care about later.  For now, I'm just soaking in each day.  I'm sitting still [for once] to soak in His grace...which is difficult for me to do :)


No comments:

Post a Comment