Sunday, October 7, 2012

Kyndall's 4th Birthday Party

I had glorious ideas for my almost four year old daughter's fourth birthday party.  Sun drenched, vintage inspired, viral-pin-worthy, ideas.  Shabby chic table clothes, foo foo dresses, tea sets, old chandeliers on trees, and adorable 4 year old children eating and playing in the haze of sunset.

However, I am raising a child who is opinionated, particular, detail oriented, and full of her own ideas.  Poor thing doesn't realize what all she has to deal with in possessing that combination of traits.  I realize it.  I fully realize it because I possess these traits, and still struggle with reigning them in.

Kyndall had the following list of demands for her party:
In the gym at church
Jumpy Slide
Bouncy House
No cake
Cupcakes I 'design' myself
Hot Dogs
Orange Soda
Pinata

See what I mean?

Good news is, her vision was soooo much less expensive than mine.  Bad news, gym lighting is least optimal for photographs.  Good news, I got to play with my new silhouette cameo...and fully understand how flippin' amazing it is.  Bad news....nope, no other bad news :)

First, the outfit..
The amazingly talented Kristin Morton made this for my little lady :)  She's great!


A few details..
The Silhouette Cameo made the cupcake sleeves, Happy Birthday Kyndall sign, the take home boxes and 'thank you' tags.  I used paper from a card stock pack I purchased from Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon.  I paid like $9 for a million adorable sheets of card stock.  Kamryn lived in the jumpy house :)

The cupcake toppings...

Senorita Silhouette cut the labels for all the toppings and food, too.  I used cake pop sticks and scotch tape to turn the labels into signs.  Nothing fancy, but I think they turned out pretty cute :)


Annnnnd the Birthday Princess :)

Sun and tea be darned...she was happy.  She even said it was the best birthday party ever...so what could be better?

Love her more than the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment