Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Procedure & Policies

Sooo, you're interested in booking, eh?  Yay!  Here are a few things you need to know :)


I pour a little bit of my heart into every session I do.  This isn't only a job, or simply a means to make money to me...it's my art.  It's my way of capturing God's beauty.  His beautiful creation of nature, and His beautiful creations of babies, kiddos and families are my mediums :)  Yet, it is also my job, so I must have rules, and be compensated for time and talent.

Each standard session will receive between 6-8 hours of time.  Each newborn, senior, and bridal session 7-10 hours, and weddings take a good 10 days of my life.  I don't just show up and click a camera.  I do my best to offer top notch customer service, I prep for each shoot, I launder after many, I do final edits on orders, package orders, even deliver or mail them when needed.  I also do my own accounting, marketing, and janitorial services at the studio ;)  Every book, album, and DVD are custom laid out and designed.  This isn't a big box store picture shop.  I do my best to offer a true boutique-style experience, with custom details and one-on-one service.  Oh--and absolutely beautiful pictures {I hope you agree!}

I am a natural light photographer, both indoors and on location.  This means if it is raining, or crazy cloudy, I cannot perform my skill.  It's frustrating when reschedules must occur, so I try my best to avoid them!

I encourage people to bring a few favorite outfits to shoots (this excludes family shoots, I am referring to children, seniors, engagement, babies, newborns).  If I can look through some of your favorite things, I can better coordinate them to the location and my props.  We won't use everything you bring, but we will do 2-4 outfits depending on time.

I shoot in Paragould and Marmaduke, but can travel anywhere.  There are such interesting places in these rural downtowns, and beautiful landscapes hidden down dirt roads.  If you'd like me to come to you, I charge $0.70 per mile after 10 miles from my home.

Please realize I book 2-4 months in advance.  The process is as follows:

  • Book by paying session fee via PayPal or debit/credit card
  • Talk details 1-2 weeks before the shoot
  • Your Shoot :):) {and a $100 deposit that is fully applied to your order}
  • 2-3 weeks after shoot, you will have a Preview Session with me.  At this time you will see your images for the first time, touch and feel all my products, ask questions, and get 8% off a minimum order if you place it at that time!  You can order more later if you'd like :)
  • Edited photos will be up in an online album for 10 days.  You can extend your album's time, or re-open it for $15 per week.  
  • If you do not place an order at the preview session, your minimum order and payment will be due in these 10 days. 
  • Portraits arrive 2-3 weeks after cleared payment


Minimum order is $200.  If you have a shoot, and do not place an order, you will not be able to book a second shoot without putting the session fee and $200 order minimum down at booking.  Sorry guys, but I have to be paid for my work :)  Refunds are not available, as each shoot and each print is a custom product. I will do additional edits to photos (personal preference edits), for $5 per edit.  Braces can e removed for $25 per image.

Let me know what other questions you come up with!!  Looking forward to meeting you!


No comments:

Post a Comment